Sony has introduced its latest digital voice recorder for today’s business professional, with a focus on the audio quality of recordings. Sporting a sleek and compact body, the slim ICD-TX650 is only as wide as your thumb yet packed with new features that ensure that your recordings are crystal clear, delivering realistic stereo quality during playback
True to its dedication to achieving the best audio quality and sound, Sony has equipped the ICD-TX650 with a digital microphone enabling high quality digital recording with no loss in audio signal. The recorder’s internal components have been configured for optimal sound recording to achieve a powerful stereo sensation that belies its actual size.
Features that Deliver High Calibre and Reliable Recordings of Business Meetings
“Stereo Emphasis” is a new function available on the ICD-TX650, which allows users to accurately record audio with a sense of realism and depth, for easy recognition of the position of the different speakers in the meeting room. With the compact built-in speakers, audio can be played back on the spot eliminating the need to plug in headphones.
The ICD-TX650 also features one-push recording, a nifty function if you need to record a conversation at a moment’s notice. By simply pressing the “REC” button, recording will start immediately, even if the device is powered off. An operation indicator LED at the top of the device will also light up during recording. The ICD-TX650 can also be configured prior to your meeting to begin recording after a preset number of minutes.
Via its easy-to-see OLED display, users can make use of “Scene Select” so that they can choose the optimal recording settings to suit various scenes. With seven recording scenes available (Shirt Pocket, Meeting, Lecture, Voice Notes, Interview, My Scene 1 and My Scene 2), users can switch between and customise these recording scenes to instantly adjust settings such as microphone sensitivity to match the changing environment.
Easy-to-use and Convenient Playback Features
The following features are available on the ICD-TX650 for playback:
- Digital Pitch Control (Playback Speed Control): “Digital Pitch Control” enables the playback speed to be hastened or slowed without altering the natural pitch.
- Easy Search: The “Easy Search” feature enables audio to be fast-forwarded or rewound for a fixed number of seconds during playback.
- Effect: Special effects can be selected to enhance playback of Pop, Rock, Jazz, and Bass music.
- Track Mark: The “Track Mark” feature enables audio to be played from any desired position. By simply selecting “Track Mark” from the menu, you can add a track mark at the desired location in the file, whether during recording, playback or when paused. This will enable the audio to be played back instantly from your chosen location.
- Auto Track Marks: Track marks can also be set automatically at equal intervals of 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes.
The built-in lithium-ion battery can be charged via micro USB for 15 hours of recording. The convenient 3-minute Quick Charge function provides an additional hour of recording.
The ICD-TX650 will be available at selected Sony Stores and authorised outlets from mid-October 2014.
|Built-in Memory||16 GB|
|Recording Format||Linear PCM/MP3|
|Battery Type||Built-In Lithium Battery|
|Dimensions (mm, w/h/d)||Approx. 20.0 x 102.0 x 7.4 mm|
|Weight (incl. batteries)||Approx. 29g|
|USB Connection Charging||microB|
|Quick Charge||3 Min recharge for 1Hr recording|
|Battery Life for recording||15 Hrs (MP3 192kbps)
12 Hrs (LPCM 44.1kHz, 16bit)
|Max Recording time||715 Hrs (MP3 192kbps) 24 Hrs 15 Min (LPCM 44.1kHz, 16bit)|
|Frequency response||95 – 14,000 Hz (MP3 192kbps)
95 – 20,000 Hz (LPCM 44.1kHz, 16bit)
|Speaker Power Output||90mW|
|Recording Features||Scene Select, Low-cut Filter, Voice Operated Recording, Recording Monitor|
|Playback Features||Digital Pitch Control (Speed Control), Noise Cut (Clear Voice), A-B Repeat, Easy Search, Alarm Playback, Date search function|
|Edit Features||Track Mark, Erase, Protect, Divide, Move File, File Copy, Folder Name Change|