Margaret River Gourmet Escape, presented by Siemens home appliances, is set to wow with a plethora of new faces to the stellar line up and an impressive collection of new events taking place in the forest, in vineyards, at the beach and even out at sea showcasing the extraordinary produce and beauty of the region.
Alongside the line-up of international chefs at Margaret River Gourmet Escape, is Singapore’s culinary maestro Chef Sam Leong. Chef Leong, with his 26 years of experience, is constantly evolving and exploring new techniques, giving his diners a distinct taste each time. A trendsetter in modern Chinese Cuisine, Chef Leong has represented Singapore at some of the world’s most prestigious culinary events.
Joining Chef Leong are internationally and Australian acclaimed chefs for 2014 – a few new faces to whet your appetite are:
- Massimo Bottura (Osteria Francescana, Modena Italy) chef/patron of the three-Michelin star restaurant which is ranked #3 in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards list sponsored by S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna. Bottura will be attending Gourmet Escape as part of his Australian book tour for Never Trust a Skinny Italian Chef published by Phaidon.
- Davide Scabin (Zero, Rivoli Italy) – Ranked # 51 in the world* with two Michelin stars
- Clare Smyth (Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, UK) – The first British female to earn three Michelin stars
- Oliver Gould (Stokehouse, Melbourne Australia) – Young Chef of the Year 2014 Internationally acclaimed returning chefs include:
- Heston Blumenthal (The Fat Duck, Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, The Hinds Head, The Crown at Bray & The Perfectionists’ Café, London UK) – Five Michelin stars across all restaurants
- Sat Bains (Restaurant Sat Bains with Rooms, Nottingham UK) – Two Michelin stars
- Jock Zonfrillo (Orana & Street-ADL, Adelaide Australia)- Chef and wild food forager and star of Nomad Chef on Discovery Channel & TLC
- Poh Ling Yeow – Celebrity Cook and Author
- The three-day extravaganza is the ultimate in culinary adventures delivering a jam-packed program of events showcasing the best of WA and the Margaret River region through an unparalleled line up of over 30 international and local food & wine experts.
About Margaret River
The southwest corner of Western Australia is one of only 34 biodiversity hot spots in the world. The jewel in the crown is Margaret River, a food lover’s paradise that provides the perfect base to explore the natural beauty and unique attractions the region is famous for. Margaret River is the only wine region in Australia that boasts beautiful beaches, spectacular tall tree forests, cave systems dating back 40,000 years, incredible surfing, whale watching and more than 2,500 species of wildflowers. Home to more than 220 wine producers and 100 cellar doors, Margaret River produces just three per cent of Australia’s overall wine production, but twenty-five per cent of Australia’s premium export wine. Visitors are equally spoilt for choice with dining options. From sophisticated fine dining to casual shared platters, the one common theme is exceptional quality local produce.
Margaret River is a 3.5-hour drive south of Perth. Virgin Australia operates flights from Perth to Busselton, which is approximately 45 minutes drive from Margaret River township. International flights operate to Perth Airport.
To see the full program of events, visit http://www.gourmetescape.com.au
Tickets are available through Ticketek – http://www.ticketek.com.au. Travel Packages are available. Tickets are limited for all events so early purchase is recommended to avoid disappointment. Please visit the Margaret River Gourmet Escape 2014 website for further details.